1. By entering and using the website located at
www.skoda.co.uk (the “Site”), you agree to all of the terms and conditions set out in this policy.2. ŠKODA UK is a trading division of Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited (Company number 514809) whose registered office is at Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN, a company authorised to conduct business in the United Kingdom (“ŠKODA UK”, “we”, “our”, “us”).3. For the avoidance of doubt, the ŠKODA UK Live Tour service (the “The ŠKODA Live Tour”) shall, for the purposes of this policy, be considered a part of the Site and by using The ŠKODA Live Tour you agree to all of the terms and conditions set out in this policy.
1. We may collect and process any: (i) information that you submit online via the Site, (ii) any correspondence that you submit online via the Site, (iii) details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access; (iv) information that you submit via any correspondence or communication in respect of The ŠKODA Live Tour, and (v) details of transactions you carry out or orders you place through the Site (“your information”).2. The reason we may ask for your information is because we wouldn't want you to miss out on both our and our dealer networks’ special offers, new products, services and latest news, which will only be sent to you in accordance with paragraph 7 of this policy.
1. We are committed to meeting our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 as may be amended, updated, repealed or superseded from time to time (the “Act”).
2. We shall: (i) observe all applicable law (including, but not limited to, the Act) in our collection and processing of your information, (ii) only use your information in ways relevant to carrying out our legitimate business interests in a way that is not prejudicial to the interests of individuals, (iii) take due care in the collection and storage of any sensitive personal data; and (iv) ensure that our staff do their utmost to keep your information accurate, timely and secure, each as set out in this policy.3. Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.4. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us using the details set out on our
Contact Us page.
1. We use your information: (i) to ensure that the Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you, (ii) for our own internal purposes, such as quality control, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services, (iii) to notify you about changes to our services, (iv) to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree), (v) to create reports to assist with future marketing, (vi) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes; and (vii) to enable you to participate in the features of the Site (such as The ŠKODA Live Tour), when you choose to do so.2. We may collect technical data about the type of Internet browser and computer operating system that you use. This information does not identify you as an individual and is used only for tracking use of the Site.3. We collect non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to the Site and sales and traffic patterns. This information, in isolation, does not identify users in any personal capacity and we do not use this information to build profiles on individual users.4. We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
1. The ŠKODA Live Tour is a live, web chat service which enables you to chat online to a member of our ŠKODA Product Host team about selected ŠKODA UK vehicles.2. If you choose to start a chat session via The ŠKODA Live Tour, you’ll be introduced to one of our ŠKODA Product Host team, and your session will begin immediately. If all of our Hosts are busy when you start a session via Web Chat, your question will be queued and you shall be introduced to the next available Host. Please be respectful when talking to our ŠKODA Product Host team via The ŠKODA Live Tour. If your message is abusive or offensive, our Hosts have the right to end the session.3. The ŠKODA Live Tour is available 24 hours a day, but should you start a session outside of our normal business hours (being 10.30am – 9.30pm), you will receive an automated response confirming when you can expect to receive a formal response.4. Each session held via The ŠKODA Live Tour will be recorded and held for 6 months and the recording of the session, together with any of your information which you submit to us during such session may be: (i) passed by us to your local ŠKODA UK dealership who may use your information to assist you in arranging a test drive and/or purchase of your preferred vehicle; and/or (ii) for quality purposes (including, but not limited to, when you contact us using other methods set out in these Terms).
www.skoda.co.uk/cookies) if you would like detailed information on the types of cookies we use on the Site, the purposes for which we use each cookie, how you can disable and enable the use of certain cookies and the consequences of doing so.
1. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by email, SMS, telephone and/or post with information about products and services which are similar to those we previously provided to you, unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us.2. If you are a new customer, we may contact you by post, or by email, telephone or SMS only if you consent.3. We may also pass your information to other organisations (if you consent) who may contact you to provide marketing information about their products and services via the methods of communication to which you have given your consent.4. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please tick the relevant boxes during the order process when we collect your information. You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us using the details set out on our
Contact Us page.
1. Other than as set out in paragraph 5 and this paragraph 8, we promise that we won't share your information with anyone other than our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006) and our business partners, dealer network, suppliers and certain third party service providers (i) who support us in fulfilling services related to our customer's vehicles and services, (ii) for the purposes of carrying out customer satisfaction surveys; and/or (iii) for the purposes of enabling you to participate in, and use, The ŠKODA Live Tour.2. We may share your information: (i) with other organisations if we sell or buy any business or assets or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, (ii) with third party suppliers who provide The ŠKODA Live Tour from time to time, and (iii) if we have to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or if we have to enforce or apply this policy or any other agreements or to protect our rights, property of our customers etc. This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.3. We may share the non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to the Site, collected in accordance with paragraph 4.3 of this policy, with third parties.4. We may also share your information with selected third parties for the purposes of credit card clearance/credit reference/order fulfilment/delivery/data analysis/customer support/storage services.
1. All your information is stored on our secure servers.2. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unlawful access.3. The Site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites.
1. Under the Act, you have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of the Site of through any communications that you have had with it.
2. You have the right to access your information and if you'd like to know what information we hold on you, or would like to correct any mistakes in your information, please just contact us as set out in paragraph 17, and we can assist although in some cases a small fee might be required.3. You have the right to rectify your information by sending a written request to us using the details set out on our
Contact Us page.4. You have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. You can tick the appropriate box on the forms when we collect your information or later at any time by contacting us using the details set out on our
Contact Us page.5. If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
1. The specifications contained on the Site are for information purposes only as we cannot confirm the exact specifications of the vehicle. If you require any specific feature you must consult your ŠKODA Retailer who is regularly updated with any change in specification. Please check model availability and full specification details with your ŠKODA Retailer prior to ordering. Neither ŠKODA nor ŠKODA Partners can accept contractual responsibility for your reliance on the information contained herein.2. Some illustrations on the Site do not necessarily reflect UK specifications and may not be available. Consequently controls and some items of equipment are positioned differently for the UK.3. All prices shown on the Site are manufacturer’s recommended on-the-road (“OTR”) prices and all prices and offers are for information purposes and guidance only. We use every effort to verify the accuracy of any information on the Site and to ensure our OTR information and offers are correct and up to date. However, from time to time errors may occur and ŠKODA UK shall not be liable for any reliance on such information. Please contact your ŠKODA Retailer for further pricing details.
1. The Site is published by ŠKODA UK and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights in existence at any time throughout the world. All web site design, text, graphics, the typographical arrangement thereof, and all other material on this web site is copyright of ŠKODA UK or their service and technology providers.2. Permission is hereby granted to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of this web site for the sole purpose of using this as an information resource for ŠKODA UK products. Any other use of materials on the Site, including reproduction for purposes other than the above, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written permission of ŠKODA UK is prohibited.3. The trade marks, logos and service marks shown on this web site, unless otherwise specified, are the trademarks of ŠKODA UK. No rights are granted to use any of them in any manner whatsoever.4. Any infringement of ŠKODA UK’s rights will result in appropriate legal action being taken against you.
1. ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND OR OTHER TERMS IMPLIED BY STATUTE OR COMMON LAW WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS WEB SITE ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.2. ŠKODA UK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE (WHETHER FOR PROFIT OR LOSS OR OTHERWISE) COSTS, CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR OTHER CLAIMS FOR COMPENSATION WHAT SO EVER, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE ACTS, OMISSIONS OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF ŠKODA UK, ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WHICH ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS IN-CLUDED ON THE SITE, EXCEPT IN RESPECT OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ŠKODA UK, IT’S EMPLOYEES’ OR IT’S AGENTS’ PROVEN NEGLIGENCE.3. ŠKODA UK DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ACCESS TO OR MATERIAL ON, ANY WEBSITE THAT IS LINKED FROM OR TO THE SITE.
ŠKODA UK reserves the right to prevent your usage of the Site if you misuse the contents contained within the Site in any manner. ŠKODA UK is the final arbiter as to what shall constitute misuse and our decision will be final.
The Site is for use by persons located and resident within the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, the Channel Isles and the Isle of Man. Accordingly, these terms and conditions shall be subject to English law and the parties to any dispute or action hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We may make changes to this policy at any time by sending you an email with the modified terms or by positing a copy of them on the Site. Any changes will take effect 7 days after the date of our email or the date on which we post the modified terms on the Site, whichever is the earlier. Your continued use of the Site after that period expires means that you agree to be bound by the modified policy.
1. Questions, comments or requests concerning this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to us using the details set out on our
Contact Us page. 2. The Site is owned and operated by Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited (Company registration number 514809) whose registered office is at Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes MK14 5AN, a company authorised to conduct business in the United Kingdom.
© ŠKODA AUTO a.s. 2017