The Government is offering a selection of grants making it more affordable for you to own an electric vehicle. These grants not only support the cost of purchase, but can also help you save money when choosing to install a charging station at your home or place of work.
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) offers a Plug-In vehicle grant to encourage more of us to switch to electric driving. The zero emission ŠKODA CITIGOe iV qualifies meaning its on-the-road price is reduced by £3,000.* Even better, your ŠKODA retailer will do all the paperwork for you.
If your home has off-street parking, a wall-box can charge your electric vehicle faster than a standard 3-pin domestic plug. The Government offers a grant that supports the cost of the charger. The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme supports up to 75% of the cost, capped at £350 including VAT, off the installation price. To find out more about the Government’s grants visit www.GoUltraLow.com.
If you want to encourage your employees to make the switch to electric, the Government will support £350 of the installation cost for every charge point you install (maximum of 40 chargepoints). What’s more, electric drivers won’t incur any Benefit in Kind charges for electricity used at work. To find out more visit www.GoUltraLow.com.
Cars that are zero-emission, or were registered before 1st April 2017 and emit less than 100g/km of C02, are exempt from paying Vehicle Excise Duty (VED). Commonly known as the car tax, all drivers who use regular petrol or diesel cars are required to pay. One more way going electric saves you money.
If you drive into London regularly, you’ll know that the congestion charge can add significantly to your costs. Because both the ŠKODA SUPERB iV and the ŠKODA CITIGOe iV emit less than 75g/km of C02 they are exempt from the charge.
There are local councils up and down the country that offer incentives for electric vehicle owners. For example many offer reduced-cost Residents’ Parking Permits, or even Green Vehicle Permits that allow free parking at shopping centres and train stations, access to bus lanes, and free use of charging stations. Offers vary depending on the council, so contact your local authority to find out more.
*Terms and conditions
1. The OLEV Plug-In Vehicle Grants ("Grants") are subject to full terms and conditions and eligibility may be revised or withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
2. The Grant rates in effect from time to time are set out on the OLEV website and are subject to change in OLEV's sole discretion.
3. "Eligible Vehicle" means right-hand drive vehicles for sale through Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited (VWG)'s authorised retailers in the UK that meet all of OLEV's eligibility criteria and that have been approved by OLEV as eligible for the Grant from time to time.
4. "Purchase Price" means the full actual price of the Eligible Vehicle, including any discount on the vehicle, number plates, vehicle excise duty and VAT (as applicable) and excluding any optional extras, delivery charges and first registration fee.
5. The Grant is applied to the Purchase Price of an Eligible Vehicle purchased directly from authorised, participating retailers in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland only),by either private or business customers and delivered and registered between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2025. The Grant cannot be claimed for vehicles sold in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
6. Customers do not need to go through an application process for the Grant. The Grant is applied to the Purchase Price of Eligible Vehicles at the point of purchase.
7. Vehicles which have been given the Grant are not to be exported (i.e. sold outside the UK) within 5 years from the date of purchase without prior written permission of the Secretary of State for Transport.
8. Customers must be residents of the UK, aged 18 years or over. Customers must have a UK address, register the vehicle in the UK, and must have paid UK Value Added Tax (VAT) on the vehicle. Members of the British Armed forces living abroad are eligible to claim for the Grant and can use their BFPO postcode. British diplomats living abroad or foreign diplomats living in the UK are also eligible to claim for the Grant.
9. The grant scheme may be withdrawn by OLEV and eligibility criteria and/or available grant amounts may change at any time.
10. For additional eligibility criteria and full terms and conditions please visit https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car-van-grants→.
11. To find out more about the benefits of owning an ultra low emission vehicle, visit https://www.goultralow.com→
12. Vehicle eligibility and grant figure correct as at 12/03/2020.