The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to use their government-funded mobility allowance to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair. Since the Scheme was set up in 1978, Motability has helped over 3 million people get mobile with a brand new vehicle.
Below we’ve answered some common questions about the scheme that you might find helpful:
To qualify you need to be receiving one of these Government funded mobility allowances:
• The Higher Rate Mobility Component (HRMC) of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
• The Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component (ERMC) of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP),
• The War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS) or,
• The Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
For further information please visit the Motability website.
There are a number of adaptions to help improve your driving experience. They generally fall into 3 categories:
• Driving adaptions - including pedal modifications and electric controls.
• Stowage adaptions - which include rooftop stowage and car boot hoists.
• Access adaptions - to help you get in and out of your car, including swivel seats and electric hoists.
All ŠKODA cars can be adapted to suit you. Contact your local Motability specialist retailer today for more information.
Depending on the car, it will cost either all or part of your mobility allowance. If you wish to upgrade to a more expensive model that costs more than your allowance, you will need to cover that cost in the form of an advance payment.
We’re afraid not – the advanced payment isn’t a deposit. It is the amount paid to ŠKODA either before or on the day you collect your car. It is a one off, non-refundable payment.
Delivery times vary depending on the model, so stay in touch with the team at Motability who will keep you updated of any delays.
Yes – if you receive the HRMC (Higher Rate Mobility Component) of the DLA (Disability Living Allowance) or the WPMS (War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement), and have 12 months or more remaining on your allowance, then you are eligible to join the scheme and can choose your car today!