1. What is ŠKODA’s Trust Building Measure? With the Trust Building Measure, ŠKODA is informing its customers that it would consider any complaints that are established to have arisen as a result of the implementation of the technical measure on vehicles affected by the EA189 Service Action and that relate to certain parts of the engine and exhaust treatment system. The Trust Building Measure applies for a period of 24 months from when the vehicle receives the technical measure and only to vehicles with mileage of under 160,000 miles at the time the Trust Building Measure is implemented (whichever comes earlier). ŠKODA has always said that implementing the technical measure has no adverse impact on fuel consumption figures, CO2 emissions figures, engine output, torque, noise emissions, or durability of the engine and its components. All figures relevant to type approval for the vehicle will remain valid. The regulatory authorities have expressly confirmed that the regulatory requirements are met. The confirmation also applies to the durability requirements for emission control systems. The Trust Building Measures has no bearing on this position. With the Trust Building Measure, ŠKODA is sending a clear signal that the update has no negative effects on vehicle durability. This measure should serve to strengthen customer confidence in the technical measure and should encourage more customers to have their cars updated. Customers can soon receive detailed information about the terms and scope of the Trust Building Measure from all authorized dealers and workshops for their respective vehicle brand.
2. Which brands are offering the Trust Building Measure and which models are affected? The Trust Building Measure applies to all Volkswagen, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Audi, SEAT and ŠKODA models with EA189 type diesel engines that have received the technical measure.
3. To whom does the Trust Building Measure apply?The Trust Building Measure will be offered to all ŠKODA customers whose vehicles are fitted with an EA189 type diesel engine and who have their vehicle updated as part of the technical measures in the context of the EA189 Service Action. It applies only to vehicles with mileage of under 160,000 miles at the time the Trust Building Measure is implemented. To be eligible, customers must present proof that all manufacturer-recommended service and maintenance work has been completed (i.e. this applies to vehicles with a full service history). The Trust Building Measure also extends to all customers whose eligible vehicles have already received the technical measure, from the date they received it (provided that all other requirements for the Trust Building Measure are met). The Trust Building Measure is linked to the vehicle identification number and would extend to a new owner if the vehicle is sold within the 24-month period covered by the application criteria.The Trust Building Measure applies worldwide with the exception of the United States, Canada and South Korea, which are subject to different regulations.
4. Which components are covered by the Trust Building Measure? The Trust Building Measure covers a total of 11 components within the exhaust gas recirculation system, the fuel injection system and the emissions after treatment system: lambda probe, temperature sensor, EGR changeover valve, exhaust gas recirculation valve, exhaust gas recirculation pressure differential sensor, injector, high pressure pump, fuel rail, pressure control valve, pressure sensor, high pressure pipelines. The Trust Building Measure has no bearing on ŠKODA’s position that the technical measures do not have any negative effects on the durability of the engine and its components. The regulators have confirmed that the technical measures meet all legal requirements and have no adverse impact on fuel consumption figures, CO2 emissions figures, engine output, torque and noise emissions.
5. What are the conditions for the Trust Building Measure? In addition to the conditions outlined above: (1) The Trust Building Measure
(2) provided that
(3) and provided that none of the following cases apply:
6. Does the Trust Building Measure also apply if my vehicle has already participated in the technical measure?Yes. As above, the Trust Building Measure also extends to all customers whose eligible vehicles have already received the technical measure, from the date they received it (provided that all other requirements for the Trust Building Measure are met).
If any customer has already incurred costs for relevant work performed on their vehicle, which they established to have arisen as a result of the implementation of the technical measure, ŠKODA will be pleased to investigate for you whether those costs will be covered by ŠKODA. Any requests for such cost coverage must be made to an authorised ŠKODA service partner within the same country as the work was conducted before 31 December 2017.
© ŠKODA AUTO a.s. 2017